Proceedings of our national landscape: a conference on applied techniques for analysis and management of the visual resource [Incline Village, Nev., April 23-25, 1979]Author(s): Gary H. Elsner; Richard C. Smardon; technical coordinators
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-35. Berkeley, CA: Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Exp. Stn., Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture: 752 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.2 MB)
DescriptionThese 104 papers were presented at "Our National Landscape: A Conference on Applied Techniques for Analysis and Management of the Visual Resource," Incline Village, Nevada, April 23-25, 1979. Included in this proceedings are state-of-the-art papers on landscape planning. Emphasis is upon planning the visual aspects of the large and wildland areas of the United States. Methodologies presented are useful in many areas of the world. The major thrusts of these papers are to a) describe the current and future challenges to the visual resource; b) describe available technology for solving landscape planning problems; and c) illustrate appropriate combinations of technology and problems. Specifically, papers address these themes: landscape challenges (presented as a series of "simulated visual field trips"); descriptive, quantitative, and psychometric methodologies available to solve land-scape problems; available legal and policy tools; combinations of technology for solving problems; landscape management systems; new dimensions of landscape planning; and priorities for research.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationElsner, Gary H., and Richard C. Smardon, technical coordinators. 1979. Proceedings of our national landscape: a conference on applied techniques for analysis and management of the visual resource [Incline Village, Nev., April 23-25, 1979]. Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-35. Berkeley, CA: Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Exp. Stn., Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture: 752 p
Keywordslandscape management, outdoor recreation, visual resources, research planning, simulation, conferences
- The countryside visual resource
- Chapter 14 - Dissemination of LANDFIRE Prototype Project data
- Visual unit analysis: a descriptive approach to landscape assessment
XML: View XML