Proceedings--symposium on recreation choice behaviorAuthor(s): George H. Stankey; Stephen F. McCool
Source: General Technical Report INT-184. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Intermountain Research Station. 106 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Intermountain Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (9.3 MB)
DescriptionPresents an overview paper and 11 contributed papers focused on the issue of the processes that underlie decision making by recreationists. The papers span a range of topics including the theory of choice behavior, empirical investigations of choice, and methodological approaches to the study of choice behavior.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationStankey, George H.; McCool, Stephen F. 1985. Proceedings--symposium on recreation choice behavior. General Technical Report INT-184. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Intermountain Research Station. 106 p.
Keywordschoice behavior, substitutability, recreation settings, recreation experiences, setting attributes
- Choosing recreation settings: Processes, findings, and research directions
- Evaluating user impacts and management controls: Implications for recreation choice behavior
- Methodology for studying recreation choice behavior with emphasis on grounded inquiry
XML: View XML