Skip to Main Content
The Forest Biomass Resource of the United StatesAuthor(s): Noel D. Cost; James O. Howard; Bert Mead; William H. McWilliams; W. Brad Smith; Dwane D. van Hooser; Eric H. Wharton
Source: USDA Forest Service, General Technical Report WO-057
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (2.35 MB)
DescriptionOver the last decade, biomass statistics have been published for most states. However, the existing aggregate data are either limited or out of date. The most recent statistics on biomass were for 1980 (U.S. Department of Agriculture 1981). The development of such data continues to lag even though user interest is high. This study was initiated to provide current biomass data for the United States and was conducted by Forest Service research units throughout the country.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCost, Noel D.; Howard, James O.; Mead, Bert; McWilliams, William H.; Smith, W. Brad; van Hooser, Dwane D.; Wharton, Eric H. 1990. The Forest Biomass Resource of the United States. USDA Forest Service, General Technical Report WO-057
- Forest statistics for Ohio, 1991
- Forest statistics for New Hampshire
- Forest statistics for Vermont: 1973 and 1983
XML: View XML