Skip to Main Content
Testing the efficacy of the triclopyr and imazapyr using two application methods for controlling tree-of-heaven along a West Virginia highwayAuthor(s): William E. Eck; David W. McGill
Source: e-Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS–101. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station: 163-168 [CD-ROM].
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (201 KB)
DescriptionTree-of-heaven (Ailanthus altissima [Mill.] Swingle) is a non-native invasive plant that is spreading throughout much of the U.S. In this study, efficacy of the herbicides triclopyr and imazapyr was tested using injection and basal bark treatment methods. No treatment was 100 percent effective. Only triclopyr injection was significantly different from other treatments, providing the least control. Both injection and basal spray treatments with imazapyr affected untreated neighbor stems, probably through root connections and/or root leaking.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationEck, William E.; McGill, David W. 2007. Testing the efficacy of the triclopyr and imazapyr using two application methods for controlling tree-of-heaven along a West Virginia highway. e-Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS–101. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station: 163-168 [CD-ROM].
- Efficacy of herbicide treatments for controlling residual sprouting of tree-of-heaven
- Potential for using Verticillium albo-atrum as a biocontrol agent for tree-of-heaven (Ailanthus altissima)
- Foliage feeding tests of Eucryptorrhynchus brandti (Harold) (Coleoptera: Curculionidae), a potential biological control agent of the tree-of-heaven, Ailanthus altissima
XML: View XML