Proceedings of the Symposium on Social Aspects and Recreation Research, February 19-22, 1992, Ontario, CaliforniaAuthor(s): Deborah J. Chavez
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-GTR-132. Albany, CA: Pacific Southwest Research Station, Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture; 96 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
View PDF (2.1 MB)
DescriptionThe growing demand for recreation at the wildland-urban interface throughout the United States poses new challenges for natural resource managers. To enable resource managers and researchers to exchange information and ideas, the first Symposium on Social Aspects and Recreation Research was held. The format of the symposium offered various opportunities for interactive communication among attendees. The proceedings contain a keynote address, abbreviated versions of 27 oral presentations, and summaries of sessions covering poster presentations, simulated field trips, and round table discussions. Issues addressed include these: access, land stewardship and ethics, cultural diversity of recreationists, service delivery strategies, agency-visitor interaction, conflict, partnerships, and data collection techniques.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationChavez, Deborah J., technical coordinator. 1992. Proceedings of the Symposium on Social Aspects and Recreation Research, February 19-22, 1992, Ontario, California. Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-GTR-132. Albany, CA: Pacific Southwest Research Station, Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture; 96 p
Keywordsconflict, cultural diversity, land ethics, land stewardship, service delivery strategies
- Proceedings of the second symposium on social aspects and recreation research, February 23-25, 1994, San Diego, California
- Proceedings of the Sierra Nevada Science Symposium
- Proceedings of the symposium on wildland fire 2000; April 27-30, 1987; South Lake Tahoe, California
XML: View XML