Proceedings: Shrubland dynamics -- fire and waterAuthor(s): Ronald E. Sosebee; David B. Wester; Carlton M. Britton; E. Durant McArthur; Stanley G. Kitchen
Source: Proceedings RMRS-P-47. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 173 p.
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (5.7 MB)
DescriptionThe 26 papers in these proceedings are divided into five sections. The first two sections are an introduction and a plenary session that introduce the principles and role the shrub life-form in the High Plains, including the changing dynamics of shrublands and grasslands during the last four plus centuries. The remaining three sections are devoted to: fire, both prescribed fire and wildfire, in shrublands and grassland-shrubland interfaces; water and ecophysiology shrubland ecosystems; and the ecology and population biology of several shrub species.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSosebee, Ronald E.; Wester, David B.; Britton, Carlton M.; McArthur, E. Durant; Kitchen, Stanley G. 2007. Proceedings: Shrubland dynamics -- fire and water. Proceedings RMRS-P-47. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 173 p.
Keywordswildland shrubs, fire, water, ecophysiology, ecology
- Seed and soil dynamics in shrubland ecosystems: proceedings; 2002 August 12-16; Laramie, WY
- Reproductive biology of Larrea tridentata: A comparison between core shrubland and isolated grassland plants at the Sevilleta National Wildlife Refuge, New Mexico
- Shrubland ecosystem genetics and biodiversity: proceedings
XML: View XML