Skip to Main Content
Oak Tree Planting ProjectAuthor(s): Sherryl L. Nives; William D. Tietje; William H. Weitkamp
Source: In: Standiford, Richard B., tech. coord. 1991. Proceedings of the symposium on oak woodlands and hardwood rangeland management; October 31 - November 2, 1990; Davis, California. Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-GTR-126. Berkeley, CA: Pacific Southwest Research Station, Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture; p. 87-90
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (686 KB)
DescriptionAn Oak Tree Planting Project was conducted during 1989/90 in San Luis Obispo County by the Integrated Hardwood Range Management Program (IHRMP)/Central Coast. The local media and an IHRMP workshop were used to publicize the Planting Project and give information on the status of oaks (Quercus spp.) in California and oak planting techniques. Outreach efforts resulted in participation in the Oak Tree Planting Project by homeowners and ranchers as well as by 4-H, environmental, school, community, and homeowner-association groups: over 3,500 acorns were planted at about 1,200 sites (three acorns per site). The Oak Tree Planting Project provided a good opportunity for community awareness and involvement in helping ensure that oak trees will be around for future Californians to enjoy.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNives, Sherryl L.; Tietje, William D.; Weitkamp, William H. 1991. Oak Tree Planting Project. In: Standiford, Richard B., tech. coord. 1991. Proceedings of the symposium on oak woodlands and hardwood rangeland management; October 31 - November 2, 1990; Davis, California. Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-GTR-126. Berkeley, CA: Pacific Southwest Research Station, Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture; p. 87-90
- Proceedings of the seventh California oak symposium: managing oak woodlands in a dynamic world
- Efficacy and associated factors of even- and uneven-aged management to promote oak regeneration in the Missouri Ozarks
- Sustaining oak forests in eastern North America: regeneration and recruitment, the pillars of sustainability
XML: View XML