Proceedings: international conference on transfer of forest science knowledge and technology.Author(s): Cynthia Miner; Ruth Jacobs; Dennis Dykstra; Becky Bittner
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-726. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 255 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (3.36 MB)
DescriptionThis proceedings compiles papers presented by extensionists, natural resource specialists, scientists, technology transfer specialists, and others at an international conference that examined knowledge and technology transfer theories, methods, and case studies. Theory topics included adult education, applied science, extension, diffusion of innovations, social marketing, technology transfer, and others. Descriptions of methods and case studies collectively covered a wide range of current approaches that include combined digital media, engagement of users and communication specialists in the full cycle of research, integrated forestry applications, Internet-based systems, science writing, training, video conferencing, Web-based encyclopedias, and others. Innovations transferred were best management practices for water quality, forest reforestation practices, a land management system, portable timber bridges, reduced-impact logging, silvicultural practices, urban forestry, and many others. Innovation users included forest-land owners; land managers; logging industry; natural resource professionals; policymakers; public; rural and urban communities—and those in the interface between these two; and others. Technology transfer and related efforts took place in countries throughout the world.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMiner, Cynthia; Jacobs, Ruth; Dykstra, Dennis; Bittner, Becky, eds. 2007. Proceedings: international conference on transfer of forest science knowledge and technology. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-726. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 255 p
KeywordsTechnology transfer, communication, education, forest research, forest management, knowledge management
- Urban forestry research needs: a participatory assessment process
- Civic science in urban forestry: Engaging the public in data collection, knowledge production, and stewardship
- A southern region conference on technology transfer and extension
XML: View XML