Skip to Main Content
Postfire rehabilitation of the Hayman FireAuthor(s): Peter Robichaud; Lee MacDonald; Jeff Freeouf; Dan Neary; Deborah Martin; Louise Ashmun
Source: In: Graham, Russell T., Technical Editor. Hayman Fire Case Study. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-114. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. p. 293-314
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (2.4 MB)
DescriptionOur team was asked to analyze and comment on the existing knowledge and science related to postfire rehabilitation treatments, with particular emphasis on the known effectiveness of these treatments. The general effects of fire on Western forested landscapes are well documented (Agee 1993; DeBano and others 1998; Kozlowski and Ahlgren 1974) and have been thoroughly discussed in other chapters of this report. However, postfire erosion and rehabilitation treatment effectiveness have not been studied extensively.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRobichaud, Peter; MacDonald, Lee; Freeouf, Jeff; Neary, Dan; Martin, Deborah; Ashmun, Louise. 2003. Postfire rehabilitation of the Hayman Fire. In: Graham, Russell T., Technical Editor. Hayman Fire Case Study. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-114. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. p. 293-314
KeywordsHayman Fire, wildfire, fuel treatments, postfire rehabilitation, treatments
- Post-fire erosion and the effectiveness of emergency rehabilitation treatments over time
- Evaluating the effectiveness of postfire rehabilitation treatments
- Evaluating the Effectiveness Of Postfire Rehabilitation Treatments
XML: View XML