Skip to Main Content
List of invasive plants by cultural use categoriesAuthor(s): James H. Miller; Nancy J. Loewenstein; Curtis J. Hansen
Source: Wildland Weeds: 15-17
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (615 KB)
DescriptionShortly after formation of the Alabama Invasive Plant Council (ALIPC) in 2003, a committee dedicated to assessment and listing of massive plants was convened - the ALIPC Invasive Plant Listing Committee. Committee members were drawn from the wide diversity of expertise of the Council, which welcomes participation by all land-use and water-use managers. owners, stewards and agencies. Alabama's 10 Worst Invasive weeds were named through review and consensus in the later part of 2003. The list was published in brochure (www.se-eppc.org/pubs/alabama.pdf), which also conveyed information on ALIPC's purpose and a membership application (over 8,000 copies of this brochure have been distributed). This led to the inherently more difficult task of developing an expanded invasive plant list, specially given the wide diversity of ALIPC's membership and Board of Directors and their traditional individual specialty focus. Considering neighboring land-use and shared invasive plant problems became a learning experience as we worked towards compromises to minimize overall impacts.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMiller, James H.; Loewenstein, Nancy J.; Hansen, Curtis J. 2006. List of invasive plants by cultural use categories. Wildland Weeds: 15-17
- Alabama invasive plant council: list of invasive plants by cultural use categories
- Invasion of a mined landscape: what habitat characteristics are influencing the occurrence of invasive plants?
- Geospatial assessment of invasive plants on reclaimed mines in Alabama
XML: View XML