Yellow-Poplar: Characteristics and ManagementAuthor(s): Donald E. Beck; Lino Della-Bianca
Source: Agriculture Handbook Number 583. 92p.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (2.6 MB)
DescriptionThis reference tool and field guide for foresters and other landmanagers includes a synthesis of information on the characteristics of yellow-poplar with guidelines for managing the species. It is based on research conducted by many individuals in State and Federal forestry organizations and in universities throughout the Eastern United States.
This handbook describes distribution, uses, biological and environmental features, regeneration methods, stand management opportunities, and growth and yield estimates.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBeck, Donald E.; Della-Bianca, Lino. 1981. Yellow-Poplar: Characteristics and Management. Agriculture Handbook Number 583. 92p.
- Silvical Characteristics of Yellow-Poplar
- Growth and biomass of Populus irrigated with landfill leachate
- Prototype wood chunker used on Populus 'Tristis'
XML: View XML