Skip to Main Content
Rhysacephala novacaledonica sp. nov. (Hymenoptera: Xiphydriidae), the first xiphydriid woodwasp from New CalendoniaAuthor(s): John T. Jennings; Andrew D. Austin; Natham M. Schiff
Source: zootaxa, Vol. 1516: 23-30
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
PDF: Download Publication (869 KB)
DescriptionXiphydriid woodwasps have been very rarely collected in Australasia although they are widely distributed in the region. Species have been described from the Aru, Ambon and Buru Islands, Indonesia, eastern mainland Australia, Papua New Guinea, and New Zealand. Here Rhysacephala novacaledonica Jennings & Austin, sp. nov., is described, which is the first record of a xiphydriid woodwasp from New Caledonia. In addition, a key to genera for the region is presented, along with a discussion of the biology and distribution of the group in Australasia.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationJennings, John T.; Austin, Andrew D.; Schiff, Natham M. 2007. Rhysacephala novacaledonica sp. nov. (Hymenoptera: Xiphydriidae), the first xiphydriid woodwasp from New Calendonia. zootaxa, Vol. 1516: 23-30
Keywordsxiphydrioidea, taxonomy, symphyta
- Detection and identification of Amylostereum areolatum (Russulales: Amylostereaceae) in the mycangia of Sirex nigricornis (Hymenoptera: Siricaidae) in central Louisiana
- Biological control of Sirex noctilio in North America by Beddingia siricidicola: 2008 update
- Flight Period of Sirex nigricornis (Hymenoptera: Siricidae) in western North Carolina
XML: View XML