Skip to Main Content
An Integrated Management Support and Production Control System for Hardwood Forest ProductsAuthor(s): Guillermo A. Mendoza; Roger J. Meimban; William Sprouse; William G. Luppold; Philip A. Araman
Source: Computers in Industry. 16(4): 343-351.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (160 KB)
DescriptionSpreadsheet and simulation models are tools which enable users to analyze a large number of variables affecting hardwood material utilization and profit in a systematic fashion. This paper describes two spreadsheet models; SEASaw and SEAIn, and a hardwood sawmill simulator. SEASaw is designed to estimate the amount of conversion from timber to lumber, while SEAIn is a log inventory module. The two spreadsheet modules are currently being interfaced and linked to an integrated system which will be optimized under the same spreadsheet environment. The simulator has the capability to describe in real time, the system performance of a hardwood sawmill under any specified operating conditions.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMendoza, Guillermo A.; Meimban, Roger J.; Sprouse, William; Luppold, William G.; Araman, Philip A. 1991. An Integrated Management Support and Production Control System for Hardwood Forest Products. Computers in Industry. 16(4): 343-351.
- Combined Log Inventory and Process Simulation Models for the Planning and Control of Sawmill Operations
- CEASAW: A User-Friendly Computer Environment Analysis for the Sawmill Owner
- Combining Simulation and Optimization Models for Hardwood Lumber Production
XML: View XML