Skip to Main Content
Randomly amplified polymorphic DNA linkage relationships in different Norway spruce populationsAuthor(s): M. Troggio; Thomas L. Kubisiak; G. Bucci; P. Menozzi
Source: Canadian Journal of Forest Research. 31: 1456-1461
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (202 KB)
DescriptionWe tested the constancy of linkage relationships of randomly amplified polymorphic DNA (RAPD) marker loci used to construct a population-based consensus map in material from an Italian stand of Picea abies (L.) Karst. in 29 individuals from three Norwegian populations. Thirteen marker loci linked in the Italian stand did show a consistent locus ordering in the Norwegian population. The remaining 16 unlinked marker loci were spread over different linkage groups and (or) too far apart both in the population map and in this study. The limited validity of RAPD markers as genomic "hallmarks" resilient across populations is discussed. We also investigated the reliability of RAPD markers; only 58 percent of the RAPD markers previously used to construct the consensus map in the Italian population were repeatable in the same material. Of the repeatable ones, 76.3 percent were amplified and found polymorphic in 29 megagametophyte sibships from three Norwegian populations.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationTroggio, M.; Kubisiak, Thomas L.; Bucci, G.; Menozzi, P. 2001. Randomly amplified polymorphic DNA linkage relationships in different Norway spruce populations. Canadian Journal of Forest Research. 31: 1456-1461
- Linkage mapping in a watermelon population segregating for fusarium wilt resistance
- A population 'consensus', partial linkage map of Picea abies Karst. based on RAPD markers
- A genetic linkage map for hazelnut (Corylus avellana L.) based on RAPD and SSR markerswac
XML: View XML