Skip to Main Content
Analysts guide: TreeVal for Windows, Version 2.0.Author(s): R.D. Fight; J.T. Chmelik; E.A. Coulter
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-514. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 21 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (1.48 MB)
DescriptionTreeVal for Windows provides financial information and analysis to support silvicultural decisions in coast Douglas-fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii (Mirb.) Franco). It integrates the effect of growth and yield, management costs, harvesting costs, product and mill type, manufacturing costs, product prices, and product grade premiums. Output files from the ORGANON growth and yield simulator can be read directly into TreeVal. All management actions, including pruning, are supported. Results, including product recovery information, net value, and financial analysis of silvicultural regimes, are available in both tabular and graphical forms to facilitate comparison of alternative regimes and sensitivity analysis with prices, costs, and other assumptions.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFight, R.D.; Chmelik, J.T.; Coulter, E.A. 2001. Analysts guide: TreeVal for Windows, Version 2.0. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-514. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 21 p
KeywordsDouglas-fir, Pseudotsuga menziesii, computer programs, software, computer applications, forestry, forest valuation, product recovery, ecosystem management
- Silvicultural options for young-growth Douglas-fir forests: the Capitol Forest study—establishment and first results.
- WestPro: a computer program for simulating uneven-aged Douglas-fir stand growth and yield in the Pacific Northwest.
- DFSIM with economics: A financial analysis option for the DFSIM Douglas-fir simulator.
XML: View XML