Skip to Main Content
Arid and semiarid land stewardship: A 10-year review of accomplishments and contributions of the lnternational Arid Lands ConsortiumAuthor(s): Peter F. Ffolliott; Jeffrey O. Dawson; James T. Fisher; Itshack Moshe; Darrell W. DeBoers; Timothy. E. Fulbright; John Tracy; Abdullah Al Musa; Carter Johnson; Jim P. M. Chamie
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-89. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 74 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
Download Publication (13.2 MB)
DescriptionThe International Arid Lands Consortium (IALC) was established in 1990 to promote research, education, and training activities related to the development, management, and restoration or reclamation of arid and semiarid lands worldwide. The IALC, a leading international organization, supports ecological sustainability and development of arid and semiarid lands. Building on a decade of experience, IALC continues to increase the knowledge-base for managers by funding research, development, and demonstration projects, and special initiatives. The results from the scientific and technical projects enhance management and stewardship of arid and semiarid ecosystems for sustainable use, while maintaining the integrity of the ecological processes. The publication presents a review of the accomplishments and contributions of IALC's science and technical programs through a synopsis of the projects and initiatives. We group the projects and initiatives into soil and water resources development and conservation, land use and reclamation, processes enhancing the management of ecological systems, and inventorying and measurements techniques and monitoring.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFfolliott, Peter F.; Dawson, Jeffrey O.; Fisher, James T.; Moshe, Itshack; DeBoers, Darrell W.; Fulbright, Timothy. E.; Tracy, John; Al Musa, Abdullah; Johnson, Carter; Chamie, Jim P. M. 2001. Arid and semiarid land stewardship: A 10-year review of accomplishments and contributions of the lnternational Arid Lands Consortium. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-89. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 74 p.
Keywordsarid and semiarid lands, land use, reclamation, soil and water resources, ecological systems, inventorying and monitoring
- International Arid Lands Consortium: A synopsis of accomplishments
- International Arid Lands Consortium's contributions to Madrean Archipelago stewardship
- International Arid Lands Consortium: Better land stewardship in water and watershed management
XML: View XML