Skip to Main Content
Feasibility study for eradication of Reticulitermes flavipes from Endeavor, WisconsinAuthor(s): Rachel A. Arango; Frederick Green
Source: Wood Protection 2006 : March 21-23, 2006 ... New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. Madison, WI : Forest Products Society, c2007: ISBN: 1892529483: pages 363-366.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (80.0 KB)
DescriptionEstablishment of the Eastern subterranean termite, Reticulitermes flavipes in Endeavor, Wisconsin, in the early 1980s has caused significant damage to homes, businesses, and village properties over the years. Though precise reasons for successful establishment of the colony are still to be determined, we believe that the nearby lake and low-lying sandy soils have created conditions sufficient to sustain over-wintering of the colony. Previous successes of termite baiting in and around individual structures have prompted the hypothesis that treatment of this sort can also be applied on a larger scale with the goal of community-wide termite eradication. A spatial distribution pattern of the colony has emerged as a result of resident response to a written survey. Placement of in-ground bait stations to identify the scope and location of the colony will commence this spring.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationArango, Rachel A.; Green, Frederick. 2007. Feasibility study for eradication of Reticulitermes flavipes from Endeavor, Wisconsin. Wood Protection 2006 : March 21-23, 2006 ... New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. Madison, WI : Forest Products Society, c2007: ISBN: 1892529483: pages 363-366.
KeywordsReticulitermes flavipes, termites, insecticides, insect pests, Wisconsin, insect control, insect baits, insect repellents, termite control, community-wide
- Transfer of termiticidal dust compounds and their effects on symbiotic protozoa of Reticulitermes flavipes (Kollar)
- Subterranean termites - their prevention and control in buildings
- Effects of Disturbance-induced trauma on foraging by subterranean termites (Isoptera: Rhinotermitidae)
XML: View XML