Skip to Main Content
Virginia's timber industry-an assessment of timber product output and use, 2005Author(s): Tony G. Johnson; Charles W. Becker
Source: Resour. Bull. SRS–125. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 34 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southern Research Station
Download Publication (1.9 MB)
DescriptionIn 2005, roundwood output from Virginia's forests increased 3 percent to 503 million cubic feet. Mill byproducts generated from primary manufacturers totaled 179 million cubic feet, 5 percent more than in 2003. Seventy-three percent of the plant residues were used primarily for fuel and fiber products. Saw logs were the leading roundwood product at 228 million cubic feet; pulpwood ranked second at 200 million cubic feet; composite panels were third at 57 million cubic feet. The number of primary processing plants declined from 234 in 2003 to 196 in 2005. Total receipts increased 5 percent to 515 million cubic feet.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationJohnson, Tony G.; Becker, Charles W. 2007. Virginia''s timber industry-an assessment of timber product output and use, 2005. Resour. Bull. SRS–125. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 34 p.
KeywordsFIA, pulpwood, residues, roundwood, saw logs, veneer logs, wood movement
- Florida's timber industry-an assessment of timber product output and use, 2005
- The South's timber industry -- an assessment of timber product output and use, 2005
- South Carolina's timber industry - an assessment of timber product output and use, 2007
XML: View XML