Skip to Main Content
Factors influencing woodlands of southwestern North DakotaAuthor(s): Michele M. Girard; Harold Goetz; Ardell J. Bjugstad
Source: Prairie Naturalist. 19(3): 189-198.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (68.12 KB)
DescriptionLiterature pertaining to woodlands of southwestern North Dakota is reviewed. Woodland species composition and distribution, and factors influencing woodland ecosystems such as climate, logging, fire, and grazing are described. Potential management and improvement techniques using vegetation and livestock manipulation have been suggested.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGirard, Michele M.; Goetz, Harold; Bjugstad, Ardell J. 1987. Factors influencing woodlands of southwestern North Dakota. Prairie Naturalist. 19(3): 189-198.
Keywordswoodlands, North Dakota, ecosystems, climate, logging, fire, grazing
- Effect of species mix on size/density and leaf-area relations in the southwest pinyon/juniper woodlands
- Likeliness to pay for oak woodlands by the residents of San Luis Obispo county
- Management of California Oak Woodlands: Uncertainties and Modeling
XML: View XML