Skip to Main Content
Adaptation of growth and respiration of three varieties of Caragana to environmental temperatureAuthor(s): Weili Yu; Lee D. Hansen; Wenying Fan; Wenyi Zhao; E. Durant McArthur
Source: Asian Journal of Plant Sciences. 7(1): 67-72.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (305.34 KB)
DescriptionGrowth and respiratory characteristics of Caragana korshinskii from Wushen and two different seed sources of C. davazamcii from Helinger and Yijinhuole, all grown at the same conditions, were determined by measuring metabolic heat and CO2 production rates by isothermal calorimetry at 5 °C intervals from 10 to 40 °C. Substrate carbon conversion efficiencies and growth (anabolic) rates were calculated from the measured data. Differences in substrate carbon conversion efficiency, respiratory rates and temperature responses of respiratory rates among the three accessions all contribute to produce differing temperature responses of growth rate. Planting seeds from these seed sources outside their native ranges will probably not be successful because of the differences in temperature adaptation.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationYu, Weili; Hansen, Lee D.; Fan, Wenying; Zhao, Wenyi; McArthur, E. Durant. 2008. Adaptation of growth and respiration of three varieties of Caragana to environmental temperature. Asian Journal of Plant Sciences. 7(1): 67-72.
KeywordsWushen Caragana korshinskii, Yijinhuole Caragana davazamcii, Helinger Caragana davazamcii, substrate carbon conversion efficiency, CO2, production rate, metabolic heat rate, growth rate
- Germination responses to temperature and soil moisture in three species of the subfamily Caragana and their implications toward restoration in Loess-gully Region, China
- Caragana arborescens Lam.: Siberian peashrub
- Effects of climatic gradients on genetic differentiation of Caragana on the Ordos Plateau, China
XML: View XML