Advancing the fundamental sciences: proceedings of the Forest Service National Earth Sciences Conference, San Diego, CA, 18-22 October 2004.Author(s): Michael J. Furniss; Catherine F. Clifton; Kathryn L. Ronnenberg
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-689. Portland, OR: U.S. Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 577 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (19.0 MB)
DescriptionThis conference was attended by nearly 450 Forest Service earth scientists representing hydrology, soil science, geology, and air. In addition to active members of the earth science professions, many retired scientists also attended and participated. These 60 peer-reviewed papers represent a wide spectrum of earth science investigation, experience, research, and innovation in the Forest Service.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFurniss, M.; Clifton, C.; Ronnenberg, K., eds. 2007. Advancing the fundamental sciences: proceedings of the Forest Service National Earth Sciences Conference. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-689. Portland, OR: U.S. Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 577 p.
- Beyond the limits of traditional science: bioregional assessments and natural resource management.
- Research and Applications of Chemical Sciences in Forestry: Proceedings of the 4th Southern Station Chemical Sciences Meeting
- Ecosystem services: a new NRS-FIA analytical science initiative
XML: View XML