Skip to Main Content
Sustainability and productivity of southern pine ecosystemsAuthor(s): Jim Barnett; Rod Busby; Floyd Bridgwater; Don English; Jim Hanula; Nancy Herbert; Kurt Johnsen; Brad Kard; Kier Klepzig; Charlie McMahon; Jeff Prestemon; Tim Rials; Bob Rummer; Mike Shelton; Ron Thill; Tom Waldrop; Joan Walker; Nancy Walters
Source: Science Update SRS-001. United States Department of Agriculture, Southern Research Station.
Publication Series: Science Update
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (2.16 MB)
DescriptionScientist at the Southern Research Station (SRS) have developed a means to address critical forest resource needs in the 21st century. Throughout the South, we are working with public and private land owners to face unprecedented natural resource challenges (United States Department of Agriculture, forest Service 1997). By providing access to research results and scientific discoveries, by developing useful technologies, and by responding to an ever-widening customer base, we are building on a 75 year tradition of leadership. That leadership will help champion the conservation and productivity of southern forest resources.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBarnett, Jim; Busby, Rod; Burke, Marianne; Bridgwater, Floyd; English, Don; Hanula, Jim; Herbert, Nancy; Johnsen, Kurt; Kard, Brad; Klepzig, Kier; McMahon, Charlie; Prestemon, Jeff; Rials, Tim; Rummer, Bob; Shelton, Mike; Thill, Ron; Waldrop, Tom; Walker, Joan; Walters, Nancy. 2000. Sustainability and productivity of southern pine ecosystems. Science Update SRS-001. United States Department of Agriculture, Southern Research Station.
- Biotechnology in the southern research station: a problem analysis
- Pest Fact Sheet 2007: Southern Pine Beetle prevention initiative: Working for healthier forests
- Sustainability and productivity of southern pine ecosystems: A thematic framework for integrating research and building partnerships
XML: View XML