Skip to Main Content
PresenceAbsence: An R package for presence absence analysisAuthor(s): Elizabeth A. Freeman; Gretchen Moisen
Source: Journal of Statistical Software. 23(11): 31 p.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (485 B)
DescriptionThe PresenceAbsence package for R provides a set of functions useful when evaluating the results of presence-absence analysis, for example, models of species distribution or the analysis of diagnostic tests. The package provides a toolkit for selecting the optimal threshold for translating a probability surface into presence-absence maps specifically tailored to their intended use. The package includes functions for calculating threshold dependent measures such as confusion matrices, percent correctly classified (PCC), sensitivity, specificity, and Kappa, and produces plots of each measure as the threshold is varied. It also includes functions to plot the Receiver Operator Characteristic (ROC) curve and calculates the associated area under the curve (AUC), a threshold independent measure of model quality. Finally, the package computes optimal thresholds by multiple criteria, and plots these optimized thresholds on the graphs.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationFreeman, Elizabeth A.; Moisen, Gretchen. 2008. PresenceAbsence: An R package for presence absence analysis. Journal of Statistical Software. 23(11): 31 p.
Keywordsbinary classification, ROC, AUC, sensitivity, specificity, threshold, species distribution models, diagnostic tests
- Microhabitat analysis using radiotelemetry locations and polytomous logistic regression
- Developing statistical wildlife habitat relationships for assessing cumulative effects of fuels treatments: Final Report for Joint Fire Science Program Project
- Evaluating effectiveness of down-sampling for stratified designs and unbalanced prevalence in Random Forest models of tree species distributions in Nevada
XML: View XML