Skip to Main Content
Wildland fire use barriers and facilitatorsAuthor(s): Anne Black; Martha Williamson; Dustin Doane
Source: Fire Management Today. 68(1): 10-14.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (246.95 KB)
DescriptionThe Forest Service authorizes broadscale wildland fire use (WFU) both inside and outside wilderness areas in many western forests; but, will agency authorization alone lead to implementation?
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBlack, Anne; Williamson, Martha; Doane, Dustin. 2008. Wildland fire use barriers and facilitators. Fire Management Today. 68(1): 10-14.
Keywordswildland fire use, WFU, forests
- Grid-based sampling designs and area estimation
- Longleaf pine forests and woodlands: old growth under fire!
- Influences on USFS District Rangers' Decision to Authorize Wildland Fire Use
XML: View XML