Skip to Main Content
The hardwoods of California's timberlands, woodlands, and savannas.Author(s): Charles L. Bolsinger
Source: Res. Bull. PNW-RB-148. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 148 p
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (8.0 MB)
DescriptionThe results of a statewide inventory of California's hardwood resources are presented. This is the first comprehensive inventory with tree and stand measurements ever conducted in the extensive oak woodlands. In timberland areas where hardwoods had been previously inventoried, improved procedures and volume equations developed specifically for the major California hardwood species were used in the new inventory. Included are details on area and volume of hardwoods by ownership; growth and mortality of hardwoods on timberland; hardwood tree cutting on timberland and woodland; the extent of types and species occurrence; stand characteristics; regeneration; extent of grazing in woodland areas; and changes in hardwood area from 1945 to 1985.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBolsinger, Charles L. 1988. The hardwoods of California''s timberlands, woodlands, and savannas. Res. Bull. PNW-RB-148. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 148 p
- Oak woodlands and other hardwood forests of California, 1990s.
- Kansas forests 2005
- Forest statistics for Central Tennessee counties - 1989
XML: View XML