Skip to Main Content
Mites (Acari: Scutacaridae) associated with the red imported fire ant, Solenopsis Invicta Buren (Hymenoptera: Formicidae), from Louisiana and Tennessee, U.S.A.Author(s): Ernst Ebermann; John C. Moser
Source: Internat. J. Acarol., Vol. 34(1): 55-69
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (1.10 MB)
DescriptionFour species of Scutacarus and one of Imparipes (Acari: Scutacaridae) are documented as phoretic from alates and workers of the red imported fire ant (Solenopsis invicta Buren) in Louisiana and Tennessee, U.S.A. One, Imparipes (Imparipes) louisianae) N. sp., and two Scutacarus nanus n. sp. and Scutacarus tertius n. sp., are described. The biology and phoretic behaviors of all five species are discussed from those collected from the vicinity of Pinevill, Louisiana.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationEbermann, Ernst; Moser, John C. 2008. Mites (Acari: Scutacaridae) associated with the red imported fire ant, Solenopsis Invicta Buren (Hymenoptera: Formicidae), from Louisiana and Tennessee, U.S.A. Internat. J. Acarol., Vol. 34(1): 55-69
KeywordsAcari, scutacaridae, Imparipes, Scutacarus, RIFA, phoresy, U.S.A.
- Histiostoma Blomquisti N. SP. (Acari: Histiostomatidae) A phoretic mite of the red imported ant, Solenopsis Invicta Buren (Hymenoptera: Formicidae).
- Gaeolaelaps Invictianus, a new and unusual species of Hypoaspidine Mite (Acari: Mesostigmata: Laelapidae) phoretic on the red imported fire ant Solenopsis Invicta Buren (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) in Louisiana, USA
- Two new species of mites of the genera Petalomium Cross and Caesarodispus Mahunka (acari: Heterostigmata:Neopygmephoridae, Microdispidae) associated with Solenopsis Invicta Buren (hymenoptera: Formicdae) from the U.S.A.
XML: View XML