Skip to Main Content
BEHAVE: fire behavior prediction and fuel modeling system-BURN Subsystem, part 1Author(s): Patricia L. Andrews
Source: General Technical Report INT-194. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Intermountain Research Station. 130 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Intermountain Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (4.5 MB)
DescriptionDescribes BURN Subsystem, Part 1, the operational fire behavior prediction subsystem of the BEHAVE fire behavior prediction and fuel modeling system. The manual covers operation of the computer program, assumptions of the mathematical models used in the calculations, and application of the predictions.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAndrews, Patricia L. 1986. BEHAVE: fire behavior prediction and fuel modeling system-BURN Subsystem, part 1. General Technical Report INT-194. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Intermountain Research Station. 130 p.
Keywordsfire, fire behavior prediction, fire spread, fire intensity
- BEHAVE: fire behavior prediction and fuel modeling system - BURN subsystem, Part 2
- Crown fuel spatial variability and predictability of fire spread
- Employing Numerical Weather Models to Enhance Fire Weather and Fire Behavior Predictions
XML: View XML