Skip to Main Content
Wilderness fire management planning guideAuthor(s): William C. Fischer
Source: General Technical Report INT-171. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Intermountain Forest and Range Experiment Station. 56 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Intermountain Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (5.8 MB)
DescriptionOutlines a procedure for fire management planning for parks; wilderness areas; and other wild, natural, or essentially undeveloped areas. Discusses background and philosophy of wilderness fire management, planning concepts, planning elements, and planning methods.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFischer, William C. 1984. Wilderness fire management planning guide. General Technical Report INT-171. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Intermountain Forest and Range Experiment Station. 56 p.
Keywordswilderness fire management, natural fire programs, wilderness, fire management, land management planning
- Linking wilderness research and management-volume 1. Wilderness fire restoration and management: an annotated reading list
- Wildland fire and the wilderness visitor experience
- The challenge of restoring natural fire to wilderness
XML: View XML