Skip to Main Content
Wilderness fire management planning guideAuthor(s): William C. Fischer
Source: General Technical Report INT-171. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Intermountain Forest and Range Experiment Station. 56 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Intermountain Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (5.8 MB)
DescriptionOutlines a procedure for fire management planning for parks; wilderness areas; and other wild, natural, or essentially undeveloped areas. Discusses background and philosophy of wilderness fire management, planning concepts, planning elements, and planning methods.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationFischer, William C. 1984. Wilderness fire management planning guide. General Technical Report INT-171. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Intermountain Forest and Range Experiment Station. 56 p.
Keywordswilderness fire management, natural fire programs, wilderness, fire management, land management planning
- Linking wilderness research and management-volume 1. Wilderness fire restoration and management: an annotated reading list
- Wildland fire and the wilderness visitor experience
- The challenge of restoring natural fire to wilderness
XML: View XML