Skip to Main Content
The 1978 National Fire-Danger Rating System: technical documentationAuthor(s): Larry S. Bradshaw; John E. Deeming; Robert E. Burgan; Jack D. Cohen
Source: General Technical Report INT-169. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Intermountain Forest and Range Experiment Station. 44 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Intermountain Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (1.2 MB)
DescriptionThe National Fire-Danger Rating System (NFDRS), implemented in 1972, has been revised and reissued as the 1978 NFDRS. This report describes the full developmental history of the NFDRS, including purpose, technical foundation, and structure. Includes an extensive bibliography and appendixes.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationBradshaw, Larry S.; Deeming, John E.; Burgan, Robert E.; Cohen, Jack D., compilers 1984. The 1978 National Fire-Danger Rating System: technical documentation. General Technical Report INT-169. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Intermountain Forest and Range Experiment Station. 44 p.
Keywordsfire, fire danger rating, forest fire hazard, forest fire behavior, forest fire risk, technical documentation
- Seasonal fire danger forecasts for the USA
- Charts for interpreting wildland fire behavior characteristics
- FireFamily Plus user's guide, Version 2.0
XML: View XML