Skip to Main Content
Coho salmon dependence on intermittent streams.Author(s): P.J. Wigington; J.L. Ebersole; M.E. Colvin; S.G. Leibowitz; B. Miller; B. Hansen; H. Lavigne; D. White; J.P. Baker; M.R. Church; J.R. Brooks; M.A. Cairns; J.E. Compton
Source: Frontiers in Ecology and Environment. 4(10): 513–518
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
PDF: View PDF (1.01 MB)
DescriptionIn this paper, we quantify the contributions of intermittent streams to coho salmon production in an Oregon coastal watershed. We provide estimates of (1) proportion of spawning that occurred in intermittent streams, (2) movement of juveniles into intermittent streams, (3) juvenile survival in intermittent and perennial streams during winter, and (4) relative size of smolts produced from intermittent and perennial streams. This effort is part of a larger study that is examining how coho use habitat in the whole stream network of an Oregon coastal watershed during their freshwater life cycle.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWigington, P.J.; Ebersole, J.L.; Colvin, M.E.; Leibowitz, S.G.; Miller, B.; Hansen, B.; Lavigne, H.; White, D.; Baker, J.P.; Church, M.R.; Brooks, J.R.; Cairns, M.A.; Compton, J.E. 2006. Coho salmon dependence on intermittent streams. Frontiers in Ecology and Environment. 4(10): 513–518
Keywordscoho, intermittent streams, juvenile movement, juvenile survival
- Riverscape patterns among years of juvenile coho salmon in midcoastal Oregon: implications for conservation
- Basin-scale variation in the spatial pattern of fall movement of juvenile Coho Salmon in the West Fork Smith River, Oregon
- Modeling stream network-scale variation in Coho salmon overwinter survival and smolt size
XML: View XML