Skip to Main Content
Satellite-based peatland mapping: potential of the MODIS sensor.Author(s): D. Pflugmacher; O.N. Krankina; W.B. Cohen
Source: Global and Planetary Change. 56: 248-257
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
PDF: View PDF (604 KB)
DescriptionPeatlands play a major role in the global carbon cycle but are largely overlooked in current large-scale vegetation mapping efforts. In this study, we investigated the potential of the Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) sensor to capture extent and distribution of peatlands in the St. Petersburg region of Russia.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationPflugmacher, D.; Krankina, O.N.; Cohen, W.B. 2006. Satellite-based peatland mapping: potential of the MODIS sensor. Global and Planetary Change. 56: 248-257
KeywordsOrganic matter, Landsat TM
- Peatland carbon stocks and accumulation rates in the Ecuadorian páramo
- Carbon pools and productivity in a 1-km2 heterogeneous forest and peatland mosaic in Minnesota, USA
- Representing northern peatland microtopography and hydrology within the Community Land Model
XML: View XML