Skip to Main Content
Seed shatter dates of antelope bitterbrush in Oregon.Author(s): G.R. Johnson; P.C. Berrang
Source: Rangeland Ecology and Management. 60(1): 99-103
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
PDF: View PDF (981 KB)
DescriptionSeed shatter dates for antelope bitterbrush were estimated from collections at 192 sites in Oregon and surrounding states. Shatter date was strongly correlated to elevation, and an equation that included elevation, latitude, longitude, and longitude squared explained 79 percent of the variation in seed shatter dates. This information can assist those needing to schedule seed collection activities at multiple locations.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationJohnson, G.R.; Berrang, P.C. 2007. Seed shatter dates of antelope bitterbrush in Oregon. Rangeland Ecology and Management. 60(1): 99-103
KeywordsPurshia tridentata, seed collection, seed maturation
- Genetic and environmental effects on seed weight in subspecies of big sagebrush: Applications for restoration
- Improving sustainable seed yield in Wyoming big sagebrush
- Seeding big sagebrush successfully on Intermountain rangelands
XML: View XML