Skip to Main Content
Full-field local displacement analysis of two-sided paperboardAuthor(s): J.M. Considine; D.W. Vahey
Source: 61st Appita Annual Conference and Exhibition : Gold Coast, Australia, 6-9 May 2007 : proceedings. Carlton, VIC : Appita, c2007: ISBN: 9780975746928: Pages 223-227
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (132 KB)
DescriptionThis report describes a method to examine full-field displacements of both sides of paperboard during tensile testing. Analysis showed out-of-plane shear behavior near the failures zones. The method was reliably used to examine out-of-plane shear in double notch shear specimens. Differences in shear behavior of machine direction and cross-machine direction specimens are described.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationConsidine, J.M.; Vahey, D.W. 2007. Full-field local displacement analysis of two-sided paperboard. 61st Appita Annual Conference and Exhibition : Gold Coast, Australia, 6-9 May 2007 : proceedings. Carlton, VIC : Appita, c2007: ISBN: 9780975746928: Pages 223-227
KeywordsFiberboard, mechanical properties, paperboard, testing, shear, papermaking, z-toughness, displacement, failure, shear strength, tensile strength, bending strength
- Impact of z-direction fiber orientation on performance of commercial and laboratory linerboards
- Z-direction fiber orientation in paperboard
- Tests for Z-direction fiber orientation
XML: View XML