Skip to Main Content
Louisiana's timber industry - an assessment of timber product output and use, 2005Author(s): James W. Bentley; Michael Howell; Tony G. Johnson
Source: Resour. Bull. SRS–130. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 32 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southern Research Station
Download Publication (1.62 MB)
DescriptionIn 2005, industrial roundwood output from Louisiana's forests totaled 866 million cubic feet, 20 percent more than in 2002. Mill byproducts generated from primary manufacturers increased 17 percent to 321 million cubic feet. Almost all plant residues were used primarily for fuel and fiber products. Saw logs were the leading roundwood product at 343 million cubic feet; pulpwood ranked second at 337 million cubic feet; veneer logs were third at 146 million cubic feet. The number of primary processing plants increased from 60 in 2002 to 62 in 2005. Total receipts increased 18 percent to 936 million cubic feet.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBentley, James W.; Howell, Michael; Johnson, Tony G. 2008. Louisiana''s timber industry - an assessment of timber product output and use, 2005. Resour. Bull. SRS–130. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 32 p.
KeywordsFIA, pulpwood, residues, roundwood, saw logs, veneer logs, wood movement
- Mississippi's timber industry - an assessment of timber product output and use, 2005
- South Carolina's timber industry-an assessment of timber product output and use, 2005
- Florida's timber industry--an assessment of timber product output and use, 2007
XML: View XML