Skip to Main Content
Review of Current Information Regarding the Phytosanitary Risks of Phytophthora ramorum and North American ConifersAuthor(s): Brenda Callan; Shane Sela; Eric Allen
Source: In: Frankel, Susan J.; Kliejunas, John T.; Palmieri, Katharine M., tech. coords. 2008. Proceedings of the sudden oak death third science symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-GTR-214. Albany, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Research Station. pp. 147-149
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (184 KB)
DescriptionOn March 3, 2007 the North American Plant Protection Organization (NAPPO) sponsored a ?Risks to Conifers? discussion panel to review the state of scientific knowledge regarding Phytophthora ramorum Werres, De Cock & Man in 't Veld and conifers and the potential for the pathogen to be transported with conifer forest products moving in international trade. This panel took place during the third Sudden Oak Death Science Symposium organized by the USDA Forest Service Pacific Southwest Research Station, and the California Oak Mortality Task Force (COMTF) in Santa Rosa, California. It was attended by over 100 participants, including researchers and forest managers from the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Belgium, the United States, and Canada. A number of reviews were presented by leading scientists in the field of P. ramorum, followed by a general discussion on the gaps in scientific knowledge. A list of presenters and the titles of their talks is available at:http://nature.berkeley.edu/comtf/sodsymposium/schedule_sections.htm#risktoconifers
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCallan, Brenda; Sela, Shane; Allen,Eric. 2008. Review of Current Information Regarding the Phytosanitary Risks of Phytophthora ramorum and North American Conifers. In: Frankel, Susan J.; Kliejunas, John T.; Palmieri, Katharine M., tech. coords. 2008. Proceedings of the sudden oak death third science symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-GTR-214. Albany, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Research Station. pp. 147-149
KeywordsPhytophthora ramorum, sudden oak death, conifers, phytosanitary risks
- A practical guide to oak release.
- Susceptibility of conifer shoots to infection by Phytophthora ramorum
- Evaluating rapid response to a goldspotted oak borer diaspora
XML: View XML