Skip to Main Content
User guide for HCR Estimator 2.0: software to calculate cost and revenue thresholds for harvesting small-diameter ponderosa pine.Author(s): Dennis R. Becker; Debra Larson; Eini C. Lowell; Robert B. Rummer
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-748. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 51 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (2.12 MB)
DescriptionThe HCR (Harvest Cost-Revenue) Estimator is engineering and financial analysis software used to evaluate stand-level financial thresholds for harvesting small-diameter ponderosa pine (Pinus ponderosa Dougl. ex Laws.) in the Southwest United States. The Windows-based program helps contractors and planners to identify costs associated with tree selection, residual handling, transportation of raw materials, and equipment used. Costs are compared against total financial return for regionally based market opportunities to arrive at potential net profit. Information is used to identify per-acre cost thresholds, for contract appraisal, and for prioritizing project planning for wildfire fuel reduction treatments and forest restoration efforts.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBecker, Dennis R.; Larson, Debra; Lowell, Eini C.; Rummer, Robert B. 2008. User guide for HCR Estimator 2.0: software to calculate cost and revenue thresholds for harvesting small-diameter ponderosa pine. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-748. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 51 p.
KeywordsFinancial analysis software, simulation, harvest costs, market values, small-diameter ponderosa pine utilization (Southwest).
- Financial analysis of pruning ponderosa pine.
- Financial results of ponderosa pine forest restoration in southwestern Colorado
- Economic assessment of using a mobile Micromill® for processing small-diameter ponderosa pine.
XML: View XML