Skip to Main Content
Identification of control agents and factors affecting pathogenicity of Phytophthora ramorumAuthor(s): Marianne Elliott; Simon F. Shamoun; Grace Sumampong; Delano James; Stephan C. Briere; Saad Masri; Aniko Varga
Source: In: Frankel, Susan J.; Kliejunas, John T.; Palmieri, Katharine M., tech. coords. 2008. Proceedings of the sudden oak death third science symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-GTR-214. Albany, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Research Station. pp. 347-350
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (190 KB)
DescriptionA collection of 67 isolates of Phytophthora ramorum from the United States (U.S.), European Union (EU), and Canada was screened using differences in phenotypic traits (pathogenicity, growth rate at several temperatures, and sensitivity/resistance to metalaxyl, dimethomorph, and streptomycin) and for presence of cytoplasmic elements (dsRNA and plasmids). Results of these tests showed a high level of variation among P. ramorum,/i> isolates. Isolates which differed by +/- two standard deviations from the mean are being examined for presence of dsRNA viruses and DNA plasmids. Plasmids were extracted from some of these isolates and are being characterized. To date, no dsRNA viruses have been isolated.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationElliott, Marianne; Shamoun, Simon F.; Sumampong, Grace; James, Delano; Briere, Stephan C.; Masri, Saad; Varga, Aniko. 2008. Identification of control agents and factors affecting pathogenicity of Phytophthora ramorum. In: Frankel, Susan J.; Kliejunas, John T.; Palmieri, Katharine M., tech. coords. 2008. Proceedings of the sudden oak death third science symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-GTR-214. Albany, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Research Station. pp. 347-350
KeywordsPhytophthora ramorum, plasmid, dsRNA virus, cytoplasmic elements, pathogenicity
- Interaction of Trichoderma asperellum with Phytophthora ramorum inoculum soil populations and enzyme secretion
- Understanding the disposal and utilization options for Phytophthora ramorum infested wood
- Genetic transformation of Phytophthora ramorum with the jellyfish GFP gene
XML: View XML