Skip to Main Content
National projections of forest and rangeland condition indicators: a supporting technical document for the 1999 RPA assessment.Author(s): John Hof; Curtis Flather; Tony Baltic; Stephen Davies
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-442. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 57 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (2.15 MB)
DescriptionThe 1999 forest and rangeland condition indicator model is a set of independent econometric production functions for environmental outputs (measured with condition indicators) at the national scale. This report documents the development of the database and the statistical estimation required by this particular production structure with emphasis on two special characteristics of environmental output production processes: (1) the independence of ecological systems from human control, and (2) the broadscale spatial nature of these processes. Resolution of data deficiencies also is examined. Finally, the model projections are presented and discussed by using nationalscale maps.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHof, John; Flather, Curtis; Baltic, Tony; Davies, Stephen. 1999. National projections of forest and rangeland condition indicators: a supporting technical document for the 1999 RPA assessment. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-442. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 57 p
KeywordsResource interactions, land management planning, econometric production functions, modeling, environmental outputs
- Projections of forest and rangeland condition indicators for a national assessment
- Forest and rangeland ecosystem condition indicators: identifying national areas of opportunity using data development analysis
- Forest fragmentation in the Pacific Northwest: quantification and correlations
XML: View XML