Skip to Main Content
A new poroid species of Resupinatus from Puerto Rico, with a reassessment of the cyphelloid genus StigmatolemmaAuthor(s): R. Greg Thorn; Jean-Marc Moncalvo; Scott A. Redhead; Jean D. Martin Lodge
Source: Mycologia. Vol. 97, no. 5: Pages. 1140-1151.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (329 KB)
DescriptionA fungus with gelatinous poroid fruiting bodies was found in Puerto Rico and determined by macro- and micromorphology to be most similar to members of the lamellate agaric genus Resupinatus. This species is described as a new species, Resupinatus porosus. Phylogenetic analyses of ribosomal DNA sequences support the inclusion of this fungus in the clade containing Resupinatus, and indicate that this monophyletic group also includes members of Asterotus and the cyphelloid genus Stigmatolemma. Resupinatus porosus is another example of tropical poroid representatives of lamellate agaric genera. Resupinatus is emended to include species with poroid (R. porosus) or merulioid (R. merulioides) hymenophore as well as those with laterally stipitate (Asterotus) or cyphelloid (Stigmatolemma) fruiting bodies. Seven new combinations in Resupinatus are proposed to accommodate well-known species of Stigmatolemma.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationThorn, R. Greg; Moncalvo, Jean-Marc; Redhead, Scott A.; Lodge, Jean D. Martin, Maria P. 2005. A new poroid species of Resupinatus from Puerto Rico, with a reassessment of the cyphelloid genus Stigmatolemma. Mycologia. Vol. 97, no. 5: Pages. 1140-1151.
KeywordsAgarics, Henningsomyces, hymenophore evolution, phylogeny, Porotheleum, rDNA, tropical fungi, molecular genetics, nucleotide sequence, Tricholomataceae, identification, Puerto Rico, Agaricales, classification, Stigmatolemma, Resupinatus, taxonomy, genetic analysis
- A provisional name for taxon of Phanerochaete from South Africa
- Arthromyces and Blastosporella, two new genera of conidia-producing lyophylloid agarics (Agaricales, Basidiomycota) from the neotropics
- Arthrornyces and Blastosporella, two new genera of conidia-producing lyophylloid agarics (Agaricales, Basidiornycota) from the neotropics
XML: View XML