Skip to Main Content
Birds of the Tapajos National Forest, Brazilian Amazon: a preliminary assessment.Author(s): L. M. P. Henr¡ques; J.M. Wunderle Jr.; M. R. Willig
Source: Ornitología Neotropical. ; 14:307-338.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (1.3 B)
DescriptionThis study describes the avifauna of the Tapajos National forest, an area on the east bank of the Tapajos River where controlled resource exploitation occurs. Here we provide a near complete species list for terra firme forest with an incomplete list of species from less comprehensively surveyed habitats such as "varzea" forest.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHenríques, L. M. P.; Wunderle Jr., J.M., and Willig, M. R. 2003. Birds of the Tapajos National Forest, Brazilian Amazon: a preliminary assessment. Ornitología Neotropical. ; 14:307-338.
KeywordsNeotropical birds, terra firme forest, amazonia, Tapajos National Forest, Brazil, Mist net, bird communities.
- Trees of the Tapajós: a photographic field guide
- Structural dynamics of tropical moist forest gaps
- Amazon Forest Structure from IKONOS Satellite Data and the Automated Characterization of Forest Canopy Properties
XML: View XML