Skip to Main Content
Research information needs on terrestrial vertebrate species of the interior Columbia basin and northern portions of the Klamath and Great Basins: a research, development, and application database.Author(s): Bruce G. Marcot
Source: Res. Note PNW-RN-522. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 29 p
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (93.0 KB)
DescriptionResearch information needs on selected invertebrates and all vertebrates of the interior Columbia River basin and adjacent areas in the United States were collected into a research, development, and application database as part of the Interior Columbia Basin Ecosystem Management Project. The database includes 482 potential research study topics on 232 individual species and 18 species groups of animals, representing significant gaps in scientific knowledge. Research study topics in the database can be retrieved by use of keyword searches. Keyword subjects include basic ecology, distribution, inventory and monitoring, environmental disturbance, effects of land use management activities, and other topics. Research study topics can be prioritized once a land management on species and their environments.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMarcot, Bruce G. 1997. Research information needs on terrestrial vertebrate species of the interior Columbia basin and northern portions of the Klamath and Great Basins: a research, development, and application database. Res. Note PNW-RN-522. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 29 p
KeywordsResearch needs, information needs, amphibians, reptiles, birds, mammals, wildlife, interior Columbia river basin, Klamath Basin, Great Basin, inventory, monitoring
- An assessment of ecosystem components in the interior Columbia basin and portions of the Klamath and Great Basins: volume 1.
- Status of the interior Columbia Basin: summary of scientific findings.
- Earthworms (Annelida: Oligochaeta) of the Columbia River basin assessment area.
XML: View XML