Skip to Main Content
A review of disease related conflicts between domestic sheep and goats and bighorn sheepAuthor(s): Timothy J. Schommer; Melanie M. Woolever
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-209 Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 16 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
View PDF (87.58 KB)
DescriptionThis publication has been removed. On July 1, 2009, the United States District Court for the District of Idaho issued a decision and order in Idaho Wool Growers Assoc. v. Schafer which found that the Risk Assessment Disease Transmission Committee and the Payette Principles Committee were advisory committees subject to the procedural requirements of FACA. These Committees were established to review information regarding disease transmission between domestic and bighorn sheep for a Forest Planning effort. The order states that "the Committees' finding and /or conclusions are not to be relied upon by the Forest Service with respect to any future agency decisions."
A Review of Disease Related Conflicts Between Domestic Sheep and Goats and Bighorn Sheep (RMRS-GTR-209) was prepared to provide a summary of the published scientific literature concerning the issue of disease transmission between bighorn sheep and domestic sheep and goats. Since RMRS-GTR-209 incorporates the principles developed by the Payette Principles Committee, it would not be appropriate for the Forest Service to use this publication in future agency decisions or policy development in light of the July 1, 2009, decision. Given these circumstances, the agency has retracted RMRS-GTR-209.
The court order does not preclude the underlying scientific literature reviewed by the Payette Principles Committee nor the scientific literature referenced in this GTR.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSchommer, Timothy J.; Woolever, Melanie M. 2008. A review of disease related conflicts between domestic sheep and goats and bighorn sheep. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-209 Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 16 p.
- Tree cover changes in mamane (Sophora chrysophylla) forests grazed by sheep and cattle
- Diets of angora goats grazing leafy spurge Euphorbia esula-infested rangelands
- Using goats to control brush regrowth on fuelbreaks
XML: View XML