Skip to Main Content
A twelve-year comparison of stand changes in a mahogany plantation and a paired natural forest of similar ages.Author(s): S. Fu; C. Rodr¡guez Pedraza; A. E. Lugo
Source: Biotropica. ; 28(4a):515-524.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (434 B)
Descriptionwe compared forest structure over a 12 yr period. 1982-1994 that include measurements before and after a servere hurricaine in two forests: a 64 yr old swietenia macrophylla tree plantantion and a paired natural forest of similar age in a subtropical wet forests
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFu, S.; Rodríguez Pedraza, C., and Lugo, A. E. 1996. A twelve-year comparison of stand changes in a mahogany plantation and a paired natural forest of similar ages. Biotropica. ; 28(4a):515-524.
Keywordsdisturbance, Hurricane hugo, mahogany, secondary forest, tree mortality, tropical forest, tropical tree plantation
- Tropical-Forest Structure and Biomass Dynamics from TanDEM-X Radar Interferometry
- Necromass production: studies in undisturbed and logged Amazon Forests
- Analyzing growth and mortality in a subtropical urban forest ecosystem
XML: View XML