Skip to Main Content
Dynamic tension testing equipment for paperboard and corrugated fiberboardAuthor(s): W. D. Godshall
Source: Research note FPL no. 081. Madison, WI : USDA, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 25 pages.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: Download Publication (922 KB)
DescriptionThe objective of this work was to develop a method, the testing equipment, and the instrumentation with which dynamic stress-strain information may be obtained for paperboards and built-up corrugated fiberboards as used in corrugated fiberboard containers. Much information is available on the properties of these materials when subjected to static or low rates of loading, and this information has been valuable in the design of corrugated containers to resist the compressive stacking loads experienced in shipping and storage.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGodshall, W. D. 1965. Dynamic tension testing equipment for paperboard and corrugated fiberboard. Research note FPL no. 081. Madison, WI : USDA, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 25 pages.
KeywordsTension, testing, paperboard, fiberboards, stresses, strain, containers, loads, mechanical properties, stacking, impact, shipping, rate of loading
- Strength and life criteria for corrugated fiberboard by three methods
- Adhesive in the buckling failure of corrugated fiberboard : a finite element investigation
- More rapid edgewise crush test methods
XML: View XML