Skip to Main Content
Minimum weight structural sandwichAuthor(s): Edward W. Kuenzi
Source: Research note FPL no. 086, rev. 1965. Madison, WI : USDA, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 14 pages.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: View PDF (181 KB)
DescriptionThis note presents theoretical analyses for determination of dimensions of structural sandwich of minimum weight that will have certain stiffness and load-carrying capabilities. Included is a brief discussion of the resultant minimum weight configurations.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKuenzi, Edward W. 1965. Minimum weight structural sandwich. Research note FPL no. 086, rev. 1965. Madison, WI : USDA, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 14 pages.
KeywordsLoads, panels, theoretical analysis, stiffness, load carrying, cores, edge load, bending moment
- Minimum weight structural sandwich
- Optimization of composite wood structural components : processing and design choices
- Treatment of kraft paperboards and a kraft pulp with acrylonitrile
XML: View XML