Skip to Main Content
BehavePlus fire modeling system, version 5.0: VariablesAuthor(s): Patricia L. Andrews
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-213 Revised. Fort Collins, CO: Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 111 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
View PDF (2.0 MB)
DescriptionThis publication has been revised to reflect updates to version 4.0 of the BehavePlus software. It was originally published as the BehavePlus fire modeling system, version 4.0: Variables in July, 2008.
The BehavePlus fire modeling system is a computer program based on mathematical models that describe wildland fire behavior and effects and the fire environment. It is a flexible system that produces tables, graphs, and simple diagrams. It can be used for a host of fire management applications including projecting the behavior of an ongoing fire, planning prescribed fire, fuel hazard assessment, and training. The BehavePlus program automatically creates a worksheet that requests the required input variables based on the modules, output variables, and options selected by the user. This is a reference paper that describes the 189 variables in BehavePlus, with information on input and output relationships. A User's Guide describes operation of the program and can be accessed at http://www.fs.fed.us/rm/pubs/rmrs_gtr106.html
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAndrews, Patricia L. 2009. BehavePlus fire modeling system, version 5.0: Variables. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-213 Revised. Fort Collins, CO: Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 111 p. http://www.fs.fed.us/rm/pubs/rmrs_gtr213.pdf
KeywordsFire behavior, fire modeling, fire spread, fire intensity, computer program
- BehavePlus fire modeling system, version 4.0: User's Guide
- BehavePlus fire modeling system, version 5.0: Design and Features
- Current status and future needs of the BehavePlus Fire Modeling System
XML: View XML