Skip to Main Content
Conservation and development of nontimber forest products in the Pacific Northwest: an annotated bibliography.Author(s): Bettina Von Hagen; James F. Weigand; Rebecca McLain; Roger Fight; Harriet H. Christensen
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-375. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 246 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (1.0 MB)
DescriptionThis bibliography encompasses literature on the historic and current scope of nontimber forest product industries in the Pacific Northwest and includes references on international markets and trade that bear on these industries. Key themes in the bibliography are biological and socioeconomic aspects of resource management for sustainable production; procedures for identifying, monitoring, and inventorying important resources; means for technical innovation and resource development; and public education about nontimber forest resources. Social policy issues address the role of nontimber forest products in rural development and the spectrum of ethical considerations required for socially acceptable policy formulation. Economics literature covers estimating the contribution of nontimber forest products to a whole ecosystem economy, analyzing and planning for joint production of agroforestry systems, and enhancing the performance of nontimber forest product sectors.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationVon Hagen, Bettina; Weigand, James F.; McLain, Rebecca; Fight, Roger; Christensen, Harriet H. 1996. Conservation and development of nontimber forest products in the Pacific Northwest: an annotated bibliography. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-375. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 246 p
KeywordsBibliography, conservation, sustainable development, economic analysis, wild edible mushrooms, floral greens, medicinal plants, conifer greens, forest policy, nontimber forest products, trade
- Economics research supporting water resource stewardship in the Pacific Northwest.
- Opportunities for conservation-based development of nontimber forest products in the Pacific Northwest.
- Assessment and management of animal damage in Pacific Northwest forests: an annotated bibliography.
XML: View XML