Skip to Main Content
Botanical composition and nutritive value of cattle diets on southern pine rangeAuthor(s): H.A. Pearson; H.E. Grelen; E.A. Epps; M.K. Johnson; B.W. Blakewood
Source: Res. Pap. SO-178,24 p. South. For. Exp. Stn., New Orleans, La.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (5.75 MB)
DescriptionThe botanical composition of the cattle diet and the nutritive value of about 50 herbaceous and woody diet components are sampled and reparted for the longleaf pine-bluestem range in Louisiana. Digestibility is also related to the diet.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationPearson, H.A.; Grelen, H.E.; Epps, E.A.; Johnson, M.K.; Blakewood, B.W. 1982. Botanical composition and nutritive value of cattle diets on southern pine range. Res. Pap. SO-178,24 p. South. For. Exp. Stn., New Orleans, La.
- Deer and Cattle Diets on Heavily Grazed Pine-Bluestem Range
- Effects of Prescribed Burning and Cattle Grazing on Deer Diets in Louisiana
- Influence of deer, cattle grazing and timber harvest on plant species diversity in a longleaf pine bluestem ecosystem
XML: View XML