Skip to Main Content
The latest trends in nature-based outdoor recreationAuthor(s): H. Ken Cordell
Source: Forest History Today, Spring 2008
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (900 KB)
DescriptionConsiderable interest in better understanding current trends in nature-based outdoor recreation followed publication of Richard Louv’s book, Last Child in the Woods, and a recent paper by Oliver R.W. Pergams and Patricia A. Zaradic titled “Evidence for a Fundamental and Pervasive Shift away from Nature-Based Recreation.”
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCordell, H. Ken. 2008. The latest trends in nature-based outdoor recreation. Forest History Today, Spring 2008
- Outdoor recreation, nature-based tourism, and sustainability
- Proceedings of the 1997 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium
- Nature-based outdoor recreation trends and wilderness
XML: View XML