Skip to Main Content
Management and techniques for riparian restorations: roads field guide, vol. IIAuthor(s): Roads/Riparian Restoration Team
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-102 vol. II. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 38 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
View PDF (2.3 MB)
DescriptionImproperly constructed or maintained roads near riparian and wetland areas may degrade these valuable sites. Degradation affects many aspects of the riparian and wetland ecosystems. This field guide presents information in a practical, user friendly format to help resource managers and professionals. Well-documented evaluation and monitoring strategies are critical in riparian road restoration projects. Learning from mistakes as well as successes helps to improve and protect valuable riparian and wetland sites. This two-volume field guide covers the management and techniques for riparian restoration near roads. The field guides cover the following topics: (1) riparian area considerations, (2) monitoring, (3) planning projects, (4) laws and regulations, and (5) techniques to use in the field.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRoads/Riparian Restoration Team 2002. Management and techniques for riparian restorations: roads field guide, vol. II. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-102 vol. II. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 38 p.
Keywordsroads, riparian, wetland areas, degradation, riparian and wetland ecosystems, restoration techniques, road construction
- Management and techniques for riparian restorations: roads field guide, vol. I
- Diverse characteristics of wetlands restored under the Wetlands Reserve Program in the Southeastern United States
- Restoring wetlands after the Rodeo-Chediski Wildfire
XML: View XML